Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sun Tea and Excuses

I just read Ashley English's(from Small Measure) new Post on Design Sponge. She talks about an old favorite...Sun Teas! I felt like she just knocked me upside the head. I remember my Dad putting out jugs of sun tea at our first house in Lewisville. He only did this a few times that I remember. I found it amazing that the Sun could make tea! Duh! I was around 7 so give me a break.

How green can you get, really? Use the sun! Not to mention we have lots of herbs growing around the yard. I'm running out of uses. This one is so easy...

Drop some mint or other yummy herbs into a mason jar, throw in a family size lipton tea bag (I used decaf), add some organic sugar or honey if you want, fill with water, and put it in the sun for 5-8 hours.

Garden Update Excuses...
I have been avoiding the heat. We have had two ridiculous heat waves in Charlotte this Summer. I'm growing a person right now and the heat just isn't jiving with my incubator status. I do have some new plants in the ground for Fall. More updates to come soon as new things start coming up in the garden.

For now...Summer Sun Tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment