Monday, August 9, 2010

More of the same and some new...

This morning I harvested more peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, okra, and basil. I love all of these things but I'm ready for some other varieties to come in.


I have acorn squash, spaghetti squash, pole beans, carrots, watermelon and pumpkins all growing right now. I need to sow some more seeds this week. I'm thinking It's time to put in some more collards, beets, radish, and maybe some broccoli? Lettuce will have to wait. It's still too hot for their fragile leaves.

The cucumber plants are on their last leg and I finally ripped out all of the squash and zucchini. So, there is plenty of room for more veggies. My Summer compost is done cooking. I will give the dirt a fresh mix of compost this week too.

It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me. A lot of indirect drama and a ton of worry for my family. I'm looking forward to tilling the earth and saying some silent prayers for healing in my family. I know that all shall be well in time.

Meanwhile.... my belly is really starting to broadcast the impending arrival of our first child. Can't suck it in anymore. HA!

1 comment:

  1. babies love to eat garden vegetables. oh, this is happiness!

    ReplyDelete